Sunday, November 14, 2010

My 11/14 Shopping Trips

I started clipping coupons in September 2010. Nothing crazy, just a few here and there. Then I realized that you can get a lot of free stuff if you spend a little time planning and organizing your shopping trips around weekly sales. And then I got a binder to hold my coupons, and found ebay and coupon clipping websites. And now I am hooked.

I went to Rite Aid and Target today. I bought some Christmas gifts and some gear for the kids in Target, so I won't go into the details of my entire Target purchase, but here are the highlights:

PAM spray: on sale for $2.00 for original and butter flavored, and $2.28 for olive oil. I found coupon booklets at Food Lion with 1.50 coupons for Pam. Score!

10 x PAM sprays - 10 x 1.50 coupons = 5.87 total

Celestial Seasoning teas are 2.05 each this week, which I paired with $1.00 coupons, ending with $1.05 each.

DelMonte canned vegetables: $.45 each. I bought 10 for 4.50, then used 2 coupons for $1.00/5, for a total of $2.50, or .25 each.

Now for the big savings. I spent $18.22 out of pocket for all of this, after tax.













3 packs of Huggies Jumbo Little Movers
2 Blue Diamond Natural Almonds
2 Blue Diamond Oven Roasted Almonds
1 Herbal Essences Shampoo and 1 Conditioner
1 Olay Body Wash and 1 Lotion
4 Right Guard deodorants
2 Betty Crocker Potatoes
1 Trial Sized Secret Deodorant
1 L'oreal True Match Foundation
2 L'oreal True Match Powders
1 L'oreal True Match Blush
2 Holiday M&Ms
Not Pictured: 2 x 10lb bags of Tidy Cat Litter

Total Retail: $154.48

This took 3 transactions in all. I started with 8 Up Rewards, and left with 4. Not too shabby!

No comments:

Post a Comment